Some LG and Motorola users reported issues with recording long audio messages. We changed the default recording setting only for affected devices. These devices will now see "Talk" in place of "Hold and Talk." The "Talk" button works by allowing you to tap once on the button to start recording your audio message and tapping the "End" button once you are finished speaking.
If you don't like the new setting you can switch back to "Hold to Talk" from any chat, but your audio messages may have short limits.
To do so on Andriod, perform the following steps:
- From within a chat, tap the "Chat menu" button (on the upper right side of the screen) > tap "Hold and Talk" so that "On" is shown
For Android version 0.9.9.9 and earlier:
- Navigate to a chat and tap on your device "Menu" button.
- You will see the "Hold to Talk" button is disabled (unhighlighted).
- Tap on the "Hold to Talk" button and watch as it becomes highlighted in green.
- Exit out of the menu by tapping your device "back" button and send a Vox!
Here's a list of known devices that experience this issue. If you don't see your device listed here but are having problems with recording limits, please let us know so we can add it to our list.
- Motorola Atrix
- Motorola Atrix 2
- Motorola Droid Pro
- Motorola Droid
- Motorola Droid Bionic
- Motorola Droid Razr
- Motorola Droid 3
- Motorola Droid 4
- Motorola Photon 4G
- Motorola Droid X
- Motorola Droid X2
- Motorola XOOM
- Motorola Electrify
- Motorola Electrify 2
- LG Optimus 2X
- LG Optimus One
- LG Optimus T
- LG Optimus S
- LG Marquee