To search the Voxer directory to find more friends on version 1.0 and above, perform the following steps:
- Tap the "Contacts" tab > tap the magnifying glass > enter your friend's full name or email address > select "Tap here to search for (your friend) on the Voxer network."
- Once you have located your friend, select their name and tap on "Add." This will add them to your "Contacts" tab. If you want to begin a conversation with them, tap "Vox." You are now in a chat with your friend and can begin sending messages.
You can also have friends search for you by your username. You can locate your username on your profile page.
- Address Book matching. When you sign into Voxer, you will get a notification asking you to share your address book with us. By clicking OK, you will enable us to automatically match you with your friends who have signed up for Voxer.
- Enter your Phone Number on your Voxer profile. To do this, go to your chat List > tap the Main Menu button (in the upper left corner) > My profile > Enter your phone number. We use your phone number only to connect you with friends. We will never display your number to any other user.
- Invite friends via SMS to download Voxer. Go to your chat list > Tap on the main menu (upper left corner) > Tap "Invite Friends" > Enter the name of your friend > Select friend or friends to send SMS message or messages > Next or Search > Next > Send. If you are not automatically matched once your friend downloads and signs in to Voxer, you can add each other as contacts, per the instructions in "Search the Voxer directory" below.
- Search the Voxer directory. To do this, go to your chat list > Tap the Main Menu button (in the upper left corner) > Select Contacts > Enter either the email address used by your friend when signing in to Voxer / the e-mail address that's associated with your friend's Facebook account or enter the full name of your friend > Search > Select your friend > Start Chat. You will be placed in a chat with your friend and can begin sending messages.
*Note: if you are having trouble finding your friend because there are many people on the Voxer network with their name (ie. "John Smith" or "Jennifer Parker"), try searching by their e-mail address or username rather than by their full name.You can also have friends search for you by your username. You can locate your username on your profile page.