At Voxer, we live by the code "the more the merrier." The more people added to the group chat, the better! But what’s a group chat if you can’t easily invite people, whether they’re on Voxer or not? Now you can share an invite link, unique to each group chat!
This chat link will allow you to invite people who aren’t already on Voxer, current users or users you can’t find in the app contacts. You can share links anyway you like, via email, text message, or social media. When someone clicks on the chat link, they will either be sent to the App Store or Play Store (if they do not have the app), or directly into the chat!
Also two things to keep in mind: 1) Share links with care because once the link is provided/shared, anyone can drop into that chat) 2) If Admin Control is turned on, the chat link will not work as the Admin is the only one who can add or remove users.
HOW TO SHARE GROUP CHAT LINKS ON ANDROID
- Go to a group chat > Chat Menu (three dots in upper, right-hand corner).
- If there is no Admin for the group chat, you will see “Share link to chat” under Chat Management.
- Tap on it and you will be given options for sharing: email, text, and the social media channels and other apps that you have installed on your device.
- Once you’ve made your selection, a message will appear and viola! You've shared the link!
HOW TO SHARE GROUP CHAT LINK ON iOS
- Go to a group chat, tap on Chat Settings. (gear icon in upper, right-hand corner)
- Tap on More Options.
- The Share Chat Link is in the Chat Management section at top. (If you don’t see it, that means that there is an Admin with Admin Control turned on. Go back to Chat Settings > Members to find out who it is.)
- The channels through which you can share: iMessage, Mail, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and more.
- Once you’ve made your selection, a message will appear and there you have it! You've shared a chat link.
HOW TO SHARE GROUP CHAT LINK ON VOXER FOR WEB
- Go to a group chat, click on the 'link' icon located on chat navigation menu.
- Copy the link to share.